New York Fashion Week Beauty: NARS for Thakoon SS 2015
This look, led by NARS artist Diane Kendal, is all about light and being luminous. Diane wanted the models to look “as if they had just come out of water” for Thakoon’s spring summer runway show.
This look might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it is definitely great for a day by the pool or beach!
GET THE LOOK:
1. Moisturize your skin using a hydrating facial cream. One with a brightening effect would be perfect.
2. Use a sheer/light foundation and/or tinted moisturizer and blend it into the skin with your fingers. The heat of your hands will allow the foundation to blend evenly and look natural.
3. Taking a concealer 2-3 shades lighter than your skin tone, highlight the face by placing some under the eyes, under the lips, on the centre of the forehead, and the top of the nose.
4. Apply a cream blush to the apples of your cheeks using your fingers. Try to steer clear from any bronze or peach colours. Instead use a soft, fresh pink. This colour will help you to achieve that natural looking glow.
5. This may seem odd, but it looks fab. Apply a clear lip gloss to the eyelids. Dab it on with you finger to avoid any excess product. If your nervous about the lip gloss, try using Vaseline.
6. Using a brow gel (clear or tinted) brush you brows upwards. Apply the same brown gel through your eyelashes.
7. Take that same cream blush and dab it on the lips. Smudge a coupe times and you are ready to go poolside.